School Uniform Details
Where to purchase it
Whilst some items of uniform can be obtained through www.pbparentsonline.co.uk/chudleigh, it is quite acceptable to buy uniform at supermarkets and this often provides a less costly version.
Sweatshirts, cardigans, polo shirts, sun caps, book bags, PE t-shirts and PE bags branded with the school logo are available to buy from the above site.
Good quality second hand uniform is available to purchase from ‘Paradise’ on Fore Street, Chudleigh with a percentage of the proceeds going to Friends of Chudleigh School (FOCS).
We appreciate your help in ensuring that children come to school wearing the correct school uniform. The uniform is an integral part of the school ethos.
Our school uniform consists of:
- Grey or black trousers, shorts, skirts/pinafores (no sports trousers or jeans)
- White shirts, blouses, or polo shirts
- Red jumper, cardigan or school logo sweatshirt
- Optional red check dress or grey/black shorts (usually in the summer months)
- Sensible black school shoes (no trainers/sports shoes/ heeled shoes/boots)
On days when children have PE, they are requested to come to school wearing their PE kits which consists of:
- Red T-shirt
- Black PE or cycling shorts
In cold weather, children will also need to wear:
- a track suit (black) or a black jumper/hoodie
- black jogging bottoms/leggings
Suitable swimming costumes must be worn which comprise:
- trunks (not knee-length Bermuda style shorts as these are not conducive to good swimming technique),
- one-piece costumes or tankinis (not bikinis)
Children’s appearance must always be neat and tidy and appropriate for school.
- Long hair should be tied back for reasons of health and safety.
- Children should not wear jewellery: necklaces, rings and smart watches (any watch that can connect to the internet, receive or send calls/messages or take photographs etc). However, we recognise that children enjoy wearing earrings. These should only be stud earrings which must be removed or covered with tape for PE lessons and swimming lessons.
- Medical identification bracelets may be worn by children who have significant medical needs e.g. diabetes or epilepsy.
- Children should not wear makeup or nail varnish.
Please name all items of clothing clearly.
Details of our School Uniform Policy can be found here