The school was last inspected under the Ofsted framework in September 2017. Their overall judgement was that Chudleigh CE VC Community Primary School continues to be a good school.
The teachers and support staff were highlighted for the quality of their work and the inspection report concluded that;
‘The leadership team has maintained the good quality of education in the school since the last inspection.’
The surveys and consultations undertaken during the inspection showed that the vast majority of parents, carers and children felt happy with the education and wider opportunities provided by the school.
The inspector stated that:
• ‘Pupils’ attitudes to learning are good because of the quality of teaching and support they receive. They enjoy their lessons and arrive promptly, well equipped and ready to learn.’
• The achievement of disadvantaged pupils continues to rise across the school.
• ‘Strong leadership at all levels has ensured that systems to improve the quality of teaching, behaviour and support for pupils are efficient and effective.
• ‘Leaders are well supported by governors as a result of the positive and professional relationship that has been forged.’
• ‘Leaders have continued to nurture a school culture, underpinned by its Christian faith, in which all pupils feel valued as individuals.’
• ‘Teachers across the school plan interesting and sufficiently challenging activities for pupils of different abilities.’
• ‘They are also supported by highly skilled teaching assistants who help them get ahead with their learning.’
• ‘Children in the early years are making good progress……… they receive a rich diet of experiences, tailored to their needs, which support all areas of their development.